Friday, October 2, 2009

Flash Fiction 55

He said, "Baby, I'm tired and I don't want to work today."

She said, "Baby needs shoes."

He said, "Sugar, I hate going to that place."

She said, "We need groceries."

He said, "Lover, my boss is an idiot and blames me for everything!"

She said. "We need a new mattress"

So he left.....forever!

Its one of those slow, boring days at work, maybe that was my inspiration....such as it was! Happy TGIF everyone....

And, by the way, this is NOT autobiographical! Mrs. usually tries to get me to take days off...

8 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Yeah, but he'll still have to get groceries and a mattress.

G-Man said...

Mike...
I'm still laughing, and I don't think this was meant to be funny!
Excellent 55 My Friend.
Thanks for being bored at work, it was all our gain.
Please join us again next Friday.
Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel.
Galen

Mona said...

LOl! that is so funny! its amazing how his statements reminded her of all those material things!
No wonder he left!

Connie T. said...

He sounds like he is the idiot. He didn't want to work or pay the bills.

One Prayer Girl said...

It's sad to think about how many times this scene is actually played out in peoples' homes.

But then again - if you had made this a 54 word Friday and dropped the word "forever" - it would have also described a lot of homes where people are just living life and hopefully finding some happiness too.

PG

Lulda Casadaga said...

What kind of man wouldn't buy a new mattress for ch...s sakes! :D
nice one...

Shadow said...

oh the dreary have to's in life... hope you're weekend's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Loved it! Though I echo Prayer Girl's sentiments.

Mine are here. Have a great weekend.

Chef Kar